An open letter to UMNO supporters in Bukit Antarabangsa

rigts2write |
[...] This is the first time I am meeting the Selangor MB face to face and I am quite impressed with his ability to answer questions. However occasionally he appears to misunderstand the question asked. Among the issue raised by the participants is the future development of Bukit Antarabangsa. I was shocked when he mentions that up to Feb 2008, the previous administration has approved about 20 projects surrounding Bukit Antarabangsa. The entire approved project is in Class III and IV areas.

I highlighted the fact that in November 2002, after Gen (Rtd) Ismail Omar house was flattened by a landslide which killed his entire family, the federal government ordered that all highland projects to be stopped. The Selangor State government in fact also announce that no new projects will be allowed for slope areas of Class III and IV. Khir Toyo made this announcement personally in the news just like what the PM did recently.

To me surprised, the MB said that it was a verbal advice and was not a written policy. There was no specific written document issued. It was a not a policy. What sickened me most is the fact that in the last 5 years, Khir Toyo and his state excel’s has approved so many new development in Bukit Antarabangsa. The way I see it he is responsible in making BA a real danger zone. He is making it into a killing field. To me the entire Selangor State Exco is liable. How can they be so irresponsible in putting thousands of life in danger? [read more]

No comments: