Umno disciplinary board forced to prosecute selectively - Zaid

[...] But Zaid maintains that the board has no clear mandate from the party leadership to deal with money politics.

“When I was suspended for allegedly being involved in money politics, I knew that Tengku Din, although chairman, was not involved in making the decision. Someone else in the management wanted me out,” he said of his suspension when he was still Kota Baru chief.

Zaid added that Umno members will be subject to investigation “if he does not belong to the right camp” but others will “escape with impunity”.

Stating that Rithauddeen now realises the futility of his task, Zaid called on the veteran Umno man to retire and resign from the tribunal.

Zaid also sent a sarcastic warning to Umno leaders not to criticise the disciplinary board as it violated party ethics.

“Look what happened to me for criticising the tribunal and not wanting to apologise. I got suspended because they said I violated party ethics,” he said. [read more]

No comments: